What is Meson?
The main design point of Meson is that every moment a developer spends writing or debugging build definitions is a second wasted. So is every second spent waiting for the build system to actually start compiling code.
- multiplatform support for Linux, OSX, Windows, Gcc, Clang, Visual Studio and others
- supported languages include C, C++, Fortran, Java, Rust
- build definitions in a very readable and user friendly non-turing complete DSL
- cross compilation for many operating systems as well as bare metal
- optimized for extremely fast full and incremental builds without sacrificing correctness
- built-in multiplatform dependency provider that works together with distro packages
- 4,998 Stars
- 1,473 Forks
- 2248 Open Issues