Linux Embedded Development Environment, an embedded Linux distribution that makes it easy for developers, system administrators or other Linux enthusiasts to build and customize software for embedded devices, especially wireless routers.
The LEDE project was set up in a different way compared to OpenWrt:
1. All our communication channels are public, some read-only to non-members to maintain a good signal-to-noise ratio. More Info »
2. Our decision making process is more open, with an approximate 50/50 mix of developers and power users with voting rights.
3. Our infrastructure is simplified a lot, to ensure that it creates less maintenance work for us.
4. We have made our merge policy more liberal, based on our experience with the OpenWrt package github feed.
5. We have a strong focus on automated testing combined with a simplified release process.