What is Keybase?
Keybase is a new and free security app for mobile phones and computers. For the geeks among us: it's open source and powered by public-key cryptography.
Keybase is for anyone. Imagine a Slack for the whole world, except end-to-end encrypted across all your devices. Or a Team Dropbox where the server can't leak your files or be hacked.
Keybase is a messaging platform where:
- you can write securely to any twitter, reddit, facebook, github, and hacker news user
- you don't need to know someone's phone number or email address
- all messages are secure, end-to-end encrypted
- multi-device: your messages survive and transfer with encryption to new phones & computers
- free for everyone, and free of ads
- open source
- multi-platform, w/apps for macOS, Linux, and Windows
- 3.56 avg rating
- 8,364 Stars
- 1,249 Forks
- 4057 Open Issues