The most popular alternative is Stella, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 8 alternatives to Javatari so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Javatari alternatives are Z26 (Free, Open Source), ProSystem (Free, Open Source), Hataroid (Free, Open Source) and jGameBase (Free, Open Source).
- Stella is a multi-platform Atari 2600 VCS emulator released under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Stella was originally developed for Linux by Bradford W.
- Z26 is one of the best emulators for the Atari 2600. The author reports that the graphics part of the emulator is nearing perfection to a point that there's little more to fix.
- The ProSystem Emulator is an Atari 7800 emulator for the PC and Windows OS. The emulator was written in C++ using the Windows API and DirectX. It emulates the Atari 7800 NTSC and PAL TV standards.
- jGameBase is a fully-featured retro-gaming emulator frontend and game database utility. It is a sister application to the Windows program...
- Steem is an open source Atari STE emulator for Windows and Linux. It runs almost every ST program ever made without any problems.
- This is the the Macintosh OSX Port of David Firth's Fantastic Atari 800 Emulator.
- Hatari is an Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator for GNU/Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, Windows and other systems which are supported by the SDL library. Features: