What is InVesalius 3?
InVesalius generates 3D medical imaging reconstructions based on a sequence of 2D DICOM files acquired with CT or MRI equipments. InVesalius is internationalized (currently available in English, Portuguese, French, German, Spanish, Catalan, Romanian, Korean, Italian and Czech), multi-platform (GNU Linux, Windows and MacOS) and provides several tools:
- DICOM-support including: (a) ACR-NEMA version 1 and 2; (b) DICOM version 3.0 (including various encodings of JPEG -lossless and lossy-, RLE)
- Image manipulation facilities (zoom, pan, rotation, brightness/contrast, etc)
- Segmentation based on 2D slices
- Segmentation based on watershed
- Pre-defined threshold ranges according to tissue of interest
- Edition tools (similar to Paint Brush) based on 2D slices
- 3D surface creation
- 3D surface connectivity tools
- 3D surface exportation (including: binary and ASCII STL, OBJ, VRML, Inventor)
- High-quality volume rendering projection
- Pre-defined volume rendering presets
- MIP, MinIP, MeanIP, MIDA, Contour MIP and Contour MIDA projections
- Volume rendering crop plane
- Picture exportation (including: BMP, TIFF, JPG, PostScript, POV-Ray)
Features Vote on or suggest new features
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • dateNo comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?
Said about InVesalius 3 as an alternative
It open dicom files and has volume rendering.
It can generate STL files from dicom files which can be used to 3D print
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about InVesalius 3, and it has gotten 5 likes
- Developed by Tridimensional Technology Division - Center for Information Technology Renato Archer
- Open Source and Free product.
- 11 alternatives listed