Postfix is a mail transfer agent (MTA) that routes and delivers electronic mail. It attempts to be fast, easy to administer, and secure. The software is also known by its former names VMailer and IBM Secure Mailer.
- - Postfix is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to Inbucket.
- - Postfix is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Inbucket.
MailHog is an email testing tool inspired by MailCatcher, but easier to install.
- - MailHog is the most popular Windows alternative to Inbucket.
OpenSMTPD is a FREE implementation of the server-side SMTP protocol as defined by RFC 5321, with some additional standard extensions. It allows ordinary machines to exchange e-mails with other systems speaking the SMTP protocol.
- - OpenSMTPD is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Inbucket.
Mailsnag lets you build resilient SMTP integrations while protecting you from spamming customers during testing on QA and Staging environments. It is like Chaos Monkey for SMTP integrations.
- - Mailsnag is the most popular Web-based alternative to Inbucket.
A lightweight SMTP server written in Go, made for receiving large volumes of mail. To be used as a package in your Go project, or as a stand-alone daemon by running the "guerrillad" binary.