What is gReader?
- Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
- 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Feedly/The Old Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
- Auto synchronization: Always have the latest news on your device
- Offline Reading: Reading full article content without internet connection
- Podcast support: Download or stream your favorite podcast with gReader.
- User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
- Tablet-Optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
- Themes: Light, Green, Sepia, Black and Dark
- Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
- Mark read on scroll: Mark articles as read while scrolling
- Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech): Listen to your news
- Search Filters: Search and filter keywords, save search results
- Folders / Tags support: Organize your feeds into folders/tags
- Notification: Keep informed of the latest news
- Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, ...
- Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
- Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
- List view: List, Grid or Card
- Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
- Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
- Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
- Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
- Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
- Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
- HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
- Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
App no longer available on Play Store and last update to source code from 2016. See https://github.com/noinnion/greader
- 222 Stars
- 34 Forks
- 59 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
Said about gReader as an alternative
Excellent complement for Feedly on Android. Full content caching enables offline reading and reduces the need to use mobile data. Settings can be finely tuned to each user's preference.