Glympse is the easy way to safely share your location in realtime. No sign-up needed. No social network to manage. Just send a Glympse to anyone via email, SMS, Facebook...
- Free • Proprietary
- Android Tablet
- Windows Phone
- Android Wear
- Kindle Fire
What is Glympse?
Glympse is the easy way to safely share your location in realtime. No sign-up needed. No social network to manage. Just send a Glympse to anyone via email, SMS, Facebook, or Twitter. Your location is only shared for the duration you specify and then stops. A safer alternative to typical location sharing services.
- Easy: no sign-up required or friend lists to manage
- Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
- Live: share location in real-time
- Open: share with anyone - no app required to view
- Passive: runs in the background
- Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
- coordinate a night out with friends
- let your spouse know when you’ll be home from work
- negotiate an extra hour of curfew with your parents
- make sure a loved one knows you are safe while running or cycling
- find family members at a theme park
- provide a courtesy notice & ETA to a client when you are stuck in traffic
- share a charity run with followers on Facebook or Twitter
- direct emergency personnel to you quickly
- 4.83 avg rating
Comments and Reviews
Said about Glympse as an alternative
More reliable. More options. Cheaper. Better interface.
CategoriesTravel & Location • Sport & Health
Recent user activities on Glympse
- Danilo_Venom added Glympse as alternative(s) to uMobix
- irenee717 addedir
- Maoholguin added Glympse as alternative(s) to Tracki GPS
When I run this, my phone slows to a crawl and the app itself takes 10 seconds to respond to button pushes. I doubt it could handle this and a navigation app at the same time. What's so hard about sending GPS coordinates to server once in a while?
Then the recipients have to load a Flash app in their browser that, in my browser, never does anything. Is it still loading? No way my girlfriend could use this on her non-Flash phone over data plan
I've used this app a few times and it's great literally for a half hour. It tells your exact location and even how fast you are going.
The app allows up to a four hour window, but even if you select four hours the app stops working after a half hour. I've tried this with two friends and the same thing happened when they sent me a Glympse and when I sent them one.
I'd use it all the time if it worked, as it is, it's useless to me.