GitHub Alternatives for Windows
There are many alternatives to GitHub for Windows if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Windows alternative is Bitbucket, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to GitHub and many of them are available for Windows so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Windows alternatives to GitHub are Gitea (Free, Open Source), Gogs (Free, Open Source), GitBucket (Free, Open Source) and Trac (Free, Open Source).
- Code collaboration version control. Offers hosted (freemium) for limited (5) users, and a commercial self-hosted for a subscription. Free licenses are available for qualified open source projects, nonprofits, and classrooms.
- Gitea is a community managed fork of Gogs lightweight code hosting solution written in Go and published under the MIT license.
- The easiest, fastest, and most painless way of setting up a self-hosted Git service.
- GitBucket is the easily installable open-source GitHub clone written with Scala.
- Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic approach to web-based software project management.
- Mantis Bug Tracker is a free and open source, web-based bug tracking system.
- GitPrep is a Github clone.
- Kallithea, a free software source code management system supporting two leading version control systems, Mercurial and Git.
- Allura is an open source implementation of a software "forge", a web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, mailing lists, wiki pages...
- Gitweb is a git web interface written in Perl.