FreeBSD Jails AlternativesVirtualization Tools and other similar apps like FreeBSD Jails
Docker is an open-source engine that automates the deployment of any application as a lightweight, portable, self-sufficient container that will run virtually anywhere.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Docker is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to FreeBSD Jails.
- - Docker is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to FreeBSD Jails.
- Container VirtualizationDocker can make use of isolated user spaces called "containers" to run applications.
- Command line interfaceDocker either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- PortableDocker can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freeDocker doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightDocker consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Docker without registration.
Create and manage virtualized development environments. Vagrant is a tool for building complete development environments. With an easy-to-use workflow and focus on automation, Vagrant lowers development environment setup time, increases development/production parity, and makes...Suggest and vote on features
An industry-standard container runtime with an emphasis on simplicity, robustness and portabilitySuggest and vote on features
- Container Virtualizationcontainerd can make use of isolated user spaces called "containers" to run applications.
rkt is the next-generation container manager for Linux clusters. Designed for security, simplicity, and composability within modern cluster architectures, rkt discovers, verifies, fetches, and executes application containers with pluggable isolation.rkt has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
According to their Github page at https://github.com/rkt/rkt, the project has been discontinued. The repository has been archived.
Singularity is a container solution with a focus on building reproducible software stacks and running them most efficiently on existing HPC, scientific, compute farm and even enterprise architectures.Suggest and vote on features
Datacol is a control layer on top of cloud (AWS/GCP), to provide Heroku like experience with the power of Kubernetes under the hood.Discontinued
The last update is from 2018.
Kata Containers is an open source, secure container runtime with lightweight virtual machines that feel and perform like containers, but provide stronger workload isolation using hardware virtualization technology as a second layer of defense.Suggest and vote on features
Kata Containers Features
- LightweightKata Containers consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
Docker + Minecraft = Dockercraft. Contribute to docker/dockercraft development by creating an account on GitHub.