ReconstructMe employs breakthrough technology to capture 3D models in real time. Point your camera anywhere and create a scan instantly.
- - ReconstructMe is the most popular Windows alternative to FlexScan3D.
- - ReconstructMe is the most popular free alternative to FlexScan3D.
DAVID-Shapefusion allows a convenient alignment and combination of 3D scans from different viewing directions. It is more than just an ordinary stitching tool, since it combines: an easy-to-use user-driven outlier removal, an automatic and semi-automatic surface registration
Structured light scanner is a tool to reconstruct point cloud from series of images lit by patterned light. As showing in the following image, patterns are projected to the object in the grid manner. Each cell in the grid has a unique sequence.
- - 3D Underworld is the most popular Linux alternative to FlexScan3D.
- - 3D Underworld is the most popular Open Source alternative to FlexScan3D.
SLStudio -- Open Source Real Time Structured Light. A comprehensive software suite for capturing and reconstructing 3D scenes with a camera-projector pair.
- - SLStudio is the most popular Mac alternative to FlexScan3D.
DAVID is a software for 3D laser scanning. All you need to build a 3D scanner is a PC, a camera (e.g. a webcam), a background corner, and a laser which projects a line onto the object you want to scan.