FileTypesMan is described as 'alternative to the File Types tab in the Folder Options of Windows. It displays the list of all file extensions and types registered on your computer'. There are six alternatives to FileTypesMan for Windows, Mac and .NET Framework. The best alternative is Types, which is both free and Open Source. Other great apps like FileTypesMan are Default Programs Editor (Free), Winaero Context Menu Tuner (Free), Gunners File Type Editor (Free) and RCDefaultApp (Free).
- 6 alternatives
- “Types” is a free and lightweight utility for Windows that allows you to edit program associations, icons, context menus and other properties of various file types displayed in...
- Free • Open Source
- Default Programs Editor is a powerful but simple file association utility for Windows 7, Vista and XP.
Last update: March 11, 2018 (version 2.7.2676.2142)
- .NET Framework
- Context Menu Tuner is an application which allows you to customize Explorer's context menu in Windows 10, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
- Gunners File Type Editor allows you to you to create/modify various properties for file extensions. Each user can have different properties for a file extension.
Latest version 188.8.131.52 released on Jul. 9, 2010.
- RCDefaultApp is a Mac OS X 10.No screenshots yet
- Magic Launch is a preference pane that lets you customize the experience of opening files on your Mac.