Empire Express Alternatives
With SCARM you can easily create the layout of your dreams – just download the setup package, install it and start editing your first track plan.
- - SCARM is the most popular Windows alternative to Empire Express.
- - SCARM is the most popular free alternative to Empire Express.
TrainCad is a freeware Microsoft Windows program for designing model railroad layouts using standard tracks. Track libraries are available for Märklin metal, C and plastic-tracks in H0, Z and Spur 1, Roco/Trix H0, N track, Atlas N, GarGrave and others.
XTrackCAD is a CAD program for designing model railroad layouts. You can easily create layout of any scale or size. Libraries for many brands of track and turnouts are included. Adding new components is easy with the built-in editor.
- - XTrackCAD is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to Empire Express.
- - XTrackCAD is the most popular Open Source alternative to Empire Express.
AnyRail™ is probably the easiest-to-use model railway design tool around. It's also entirely independent, so you can build with almost any track. Enjoy designing your layout - AnyRail ensures everything fits.
Atlas is proud to offer free, downloadable track planning software for your use in creating magnificent layouts in HO, N & O scales using Atlas track. This software allows you to create and customize your very own layout, view it as a 3D model and then generate a shopping...
- - Atlas Track Planning is the most popular commercial alternative to Empire Express.
Cadrail is a powerful CAD program with many different railroad design tools. You can create track plans of any size and shape. There are easy to use drag and drop tools that allow you to snap track sections together end-to-end and align them automatically.