What is DeltaCopy?
Let's say you have to backup one file that is 500 MB every night. A normal file copy would copy the entire file even if a few bytes have changed. DeltaCopy, on the other hand, would only copy the part of file that has actually been modified. This reduces the data transfer to just a small fraction of 500 MB saving time and network bandwidth. In technical terms, DeltaCopy is a "Windows Friendly" wrapper around the Rsync program, currently maintained by Wayne Davison. "rsync" is primarily designed for Unix/Linux/BSD systems. Although ports are available for Windows, they typically require downloading Cygwin libraries and manual configuration.
- Incremental backup - Copies part of the file that is actually modified
- Task scheduler - Profiles in DeltaCopy can run based on a schedule
- Email notification - Administrators can receive email confirmation on successful as well as failed transfers
- One-click restore - Backed up files can be easily restored.
- Windows friendly environment - No need to manually modify configuration files or play around with command line options.
DeltaCopy Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Developed bySynametrics Technologies
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- Alternatives15 alternatives listed
Our users have written 1 comments and reviews about DeltaCopy, and it has gotten 2 likes