What is dbForge Documenter for SQL Server?
dbForge Documenter for SQL Server is a big time saver when it comes to documentation of SQL Server databases. This tool automatically generates documentation of an entire SQL Server database in a few clicks. The tool includes a wide range of options to customize the generated documentation to meet your specific requirements. The Documenter tool delivers the following features:
- Extracts extensive database info about all SQL object types, their details, and properties, as well as inter-object dependencies and source code.
- There are capabilities to personalize and customize documentation, to select database objects and properties for each individual object to be included in the documentation. There is also a number of style templates as well as the ability to apply Bootstrap themes to get a nice-looking layout.
- Support for HTML and PDF formats. The former suits for databases to be published on the web, and the latter is good for distributing to various systems and devices. Both formats are searchable, which is very convenient especially for large databases. * Ability to annotate all parts of database. With MS_Description properties supported, annotations to every SQL object including views, tables, columns, indexes, foreign keys, stored procedures can be added.
- Searching functionality for quick navigation throughout the documentation via build-in hyperlinks. *Integration with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). Databases may be documented directly from the Object Explorer of SSMS solution. Documenter is included in dbForge SQL Tools, an ultimate toolkit of add-ins for SQL Server Management Studio that combines feature-rich functionality allowing to version-control databases, compare schemas and data, optimize database performance, write SQL queries on a fly, generate meaningful test data, and much more straight in the SSMS IDE.
Features Suggest and vote on featuresThis app doesn't have any features at the moment.
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • date
dbForge Documenter for SQL Server videos
Our users have written 7 comments and reviews about dbForge Documenter for SQL Server, and it has gotten 150 likes
- Developed by Devart
- Proprietary and Commercial product.
- One time purchase (perpetual license) that cost about $149.
- Average rating of 4.9
- 3 alternatives listed