What is Curse?
Curse was a network of gaming websites initially focused on offering mods for various video games. As it expanded, the company began to develop and acquire gaming communities, wikis, as well as offering voice chat services.
Curse brings your favorite games, friends, teammates and communities together with world-class technology to provide you with epic communication at your fingertips.
- Chat Express yourself with a gorgeous UI that makes it easier to share your favorite content.Rich-embeds, @mentions, attachments, search capabilities and custom emoticons at your disposal. Upvote your favorite content with “GGs”, a like-system designed just for gamers.
- Voice Not hearing the raid leader isn't a good excuse anymore.With crystal clear audio and the best possible latency, Curse enables you to communicate with your group at the highest levels to make sure you're always performing at your best.Voice activation, PTT, packet-loss concealment, and a custom audio engine add up to a VOIP experience designed from the ground up for gaming.
- In-Game Overlay The Curse overlay effortlessly integrates with your favorite games, giving you unparalleled control without ever leaving the action, or your team, behind. Accept calls in-game - no alt-tabbing necessary. See who's calling the shots with unique voice indicators.
- Overlay See who's calling the shots! Use the overlay to control your voice settings without ever leaving the game. Mute, adjust volume, leave and create voice sessions; no alt-tabbing required
- Game Keep your attention where it matters most. We support your favorite games and continue to look for more in-game integration opportunities
- App Do you even lift, bro? No matter what part of Curse you use, the desktop application does all the heavy lifting for you!
- Streamer Tools with Twitch sync
Curse was acquired by Twitch in September 2016 and the app was replaced by the official Twitch app.
Comments and Reviews
Said about Curse as an alternative
You can have calls connected just by a link, without the need of adding people