What is Cppcheck?
Cppcheck is an static analysis tool for C/C++ code. Unlike C/C++ compilers and many other analysis tools it does not detect syntax errors in the code. Cppcheck primarily detects the types of bugs that the compilers normally do not detect. The goal is to detect only real errors in the code (i.e. have zero false positives).
- Out of bounds checking,
- Check the code for each class,
- Checking exception safety,
- Memory leaks checking,
- Warn if obsolete functions are used,
- Check for invalid usage of STL,
- Check for uninitialized variables and unused functions
- 4,490 Stars
- 1,276 Forks
- 56 Open Issues