Record and process your ideas. Bike is a fast and fluid outliner for macOS. Bike feels different.
What is Bike?
Bike is a macOS (11 and later) native outliner. Bike has good performance on big outlines. Bike uses open file formats and is scriptable too. Use Bike to record and process your ideas.
Outlines are powerful, but can be confusing. In Bike outline editing is fluid, your ideas flow across the screen instead of jumping from position to position. This makes it easier to track what’s going on, and it’s fun!
- Clean outliner.
- Bike's editor is something new. It's custom built to provide a fast and fluid outlining experience.
- Outliners are powerful but constraining. Text editors are freeing but weak on structure. Bike is good at both.
- Bike respects your computer's memory and battery. Bike is a macOS native app and passes the Moby Dick Workout.
- Bike uses open file formats. The .bike file format is HTML–you can view it in your web browser. Bike also supports .opml and .txt.
- Bike is scriptable. Use AppleScript to control and automate Bike and integrate Bike with other scriptable applications.
- Bike is a new app. Be an early adopter and help shape Bike's future. Rich text, themes, and plugins are features I'll work on next.
I think macOS needs more "bicycles for the mind".
Bike is small enough to fully understand. Once understood it’s flexible enough to be used for many purposes.
Bike is small, but designed for real work. It’s fast. It can handle big outlines that break other outliners. Bike's also fast at the basics–opening files, scrolling views, and resizing windows. Bike won’t slow your Mac down.
Bike makes your work open and accessible. Outlines are stored in text files using standard file formats. Bike is also scriptable. Automate and extend Bike into your own workflows with scripts.
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review