BeSweet is an audio transcoding tool. It lets you convert audio files from one format to another. Supported formats: MP3, AC3, WAV, MP2, AVI, Aiff, VOB,Ogg Vorbis.
BeSweet is a command-line tool - a GUI is available for download from the same website.
BeSweet also includes some nice signal processing features :
- One-pass & Two-pass Normalization. Dynamic Range Compression.
- Sample-Rate Conversion. Frame-Rate Conversion (NTSC to PAL, etc'..)
- Partial Encoding of long streams. Splitting & Merging audio streams.
- Extraction of audio streams from AVI & VOBs.
- Delay Correction. Silence Insertion.
- Support for external plugins. More Info »
The whole transcoding process is done with floating-point arithmethics, reaching high-quality encodes.
No intermediate, temporary, files are being created by BeSweet while running, saving precious disk space.