Beeceptor is a Rest API mocking tool. You can get started by defining endpoints and mock API paths.
* Using Beeceptor, a mock API endpoint is up and ready to be consumed in seconds - in short, No Coding Required. Just define API path, response and start hitting from code.
* Wrap an existing APIs endpoint with Beeceptor endpoint and inspect all the traffic going to original API. Helps in debugging headers and body for HTTP requests. More Info »
* When you specify a target endpoint, you can use rules to mock a few calls. When a rule is matched, Beeceptor gets you what is needed. If no rule matches, the request is forwarded to original target and your application works as usual.
* One great usage is during SPA development. You need first few ajax request to initialize the page and later mocking new calls. Beeceptor can route requests to original target without breaking your flow.
* Either you are consuming a webhook or building one, you shall need to inspect and debug HTTP calls. Beeceptor will be handy here.
* When your API consumes 3rd party APIs, load testing is difficult. Just wrapping a 3rd party API and enable/disable rules helps here. E.g. sending transactional emails when your API is called - why not mock Sendgrid/SES/MailGun/PostMark APIs.
* You can switch the target endpoint anytime. This helps you validate a test against deployed code vs new code in development. E.g. does this GET call return same data for new vs old code?
* CORS Support: Sometimes you just want to hit an API from UI code for simplicity. Using Beeceptor, you can define global rules to support CORS response headers like 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin'. i.e. Add CORS support to an existing API.