What is Battlegrounds Gaming Engine?
Battlegrounds Gaming Engine (aka BGE) is virtual tabletop software for playing boardgames, wargames, card games, and dice games, whether your players are in the same room, or on the other side of the world. Many free and commercial digital game conversions are already available for BGE, but perhaps the software's biggest appeal is that it also allows YOU to easily create your own digital game conversions, quickly and easily (no programming, scripting, or XML-editing required).
Some of the software's features include:
• Easy to learn and use
• Cross-platform (Windows & Mac OS X)
• Supports play of nearly any game, even using house rules
• Full-screen game boards, high-resolution tokens, and a user interface that hides away when you don’t need it, to avoid on-screen clutter and heighten the immersion factor
• An incredibly-powerful dice roller that supports most common game mechanics, plus support for card decks
• A token-swapping feature lets you easily switch token states or “flip” virtual counters
• Pop-up portraits, range measuring, a full assortment of drawing tools, and much more round out the feature set
• Save time and money by not having to print out and physically assemble print-and-play games
• Prototype your own game designs, then playtest them with players from all over the world
• A free, full-featured Demo is available for download, so you can try out the software before you buy
• Many free digital game conversions are available for download, and a growing selection of commercial Game Boxes are also available
Battlegrounds Gaming Engine is the easy-to-use yet incredibly powerful digital gaming toolbox that many gamers have long been waiting for.
- Please note that BGE has no artificial intelligence, does not automate or enforce game rules, and is intended strictly for live play (not play-by-email).
• Monthly subscriptions are now available, if you want to use the full-featured app before committing to purchasing a license.
Battlegrounds Gaming Engine Screenshots
Battlegrounds Gaming Engine information