What is Azkaban?
Azkaban is a batch workflow job scheduler created at LinkedIn to run Hadoop jobs. Azkaban resolves the ordering through job dependencies and provides an easy to use web user interface to maintain and track your workflows.
- Compatible with any version of Hadoop
- Easy to use web UI
- Simple web and http workflow uploads
- Project workspaces
- Scheduling of workflows
- Modular and pluginable
- Authentication and Authorization
- Tracking of user actions
- Email alerts on failure and successes
- SLA alerting and auto killing
- Retrying of failed jobs
Azkaban was designed primarily with usability in mind. It has been running at LinkedIn for several years, and drives many of their Hadoop and data warehouse processes.