RadarScope is a specialized display utility for weather enthusiasts and meteorologists that allows you to view NEXRAD Level 3 radar data and severe weather warnings. It can display the latest reflectivity, velocity, and other radar products from any NEXRAD radar site in the...
- - RadarScope is the most popular Android, Mac, iPhone & iPad alternative to AWIPS.
- - RadarScope is the most popular commercial alternative to AWIPS.
GRLevel3 Version 2 is a Windows viewer for live and archive NEXRAD Level III data. It displays high resolution base products, dual polarization products, and derived products along with Local Storm Reports and severe weather warnings.
- - GRLevel3 is the most popular Windows alternative to AWIPS.
Developed by Dan Paulat, Supercell Wx is an open-source radar viewing application available for both Linux and Windows. With a strong motivation to address the lack of free radar programs, Paulat took it upon himself to create a program accessible to all users.
- - Supercell Wx is the most popular Linux alternative to AWIPS.
- - Supercell Wx is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to AWIPS.
It's another level 3 radar visualization tool. The functionality follows along the GRlevel3 model, only it was created specifically for the Android operating system. It doesn't hog the drive, is responsive, and dirt cheap.
This app has been officially discontinued by its developer, as stated on their official website: http://www.pykl3radar.com/
GetNexrad.exe is a tool used to view NOAA WSR-88D Nexrad doppler radar images and compute point and area average rainfall and to generate the basin point file used by GetRealtime.exe for automating computaion of a basin average rainfall time series in real time.