auCDtect Task Manager is a free GUI tool that lets you check if your lossless audio files were upconverted from a "lossy" file format.
How it works:
auCDtect Task Manager uses external 3-rd party decoders to unpack the files being tested into temporary directory, whereupon authenticity of unpacked .wav files is tested by external auCDtect tool. Progress report is displayed as this process runs. More Info »
As soon as the test is completed, auCDtect Task Manager produces a report, signs it with a digital signature and saves it into a file.
auCDtect Task Manager can always verify the authenticity of its signatures.
9 points that make auCDtect Task Manager different from similar software:
- Optimized for multitasking
- Optimized for multiprocessor/multicore platforms
- Each task is executed in a separate virtual "sandbox", which makes extended task management (e.g. safe error handling, task execution dynamic priority control, etc.) possible
- More than 20 lossless/hybrid audio file formats are supported.This list can be expanded with minimal effort by editing a configuration file
- Full unicode support
- Easy localization
- auCDtect Task Manager is portable, i.e. no installation is required. And You can even launch it from a write-protected CD
- Advanced .WAVs analysis is possible by means of an external tool (Sonic Visualiser and Wavosaur are recommended)
- Configurable spectrogram processing (SoX required)