The most popular alternative is MeiliSearch, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 33 alternatives to Algolia so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Algolia alternatives are elasticsearch (Freemium, Open Source), Apache Solr (Free, Open Source), Sphinx (search engine) (Free, Open Source) and Typesense (Free, Open Source).
- MeiliSearch is a relevant, instant, open source and typo-tolerant full-text search engine.
- ElasticSearch is a distributed, RESTful, free/open source search server based on Java under the Apache License ( Lucene ).
- Solr is an open source enterprise search server based on Lucene search library, with XML/HTTP and JSON APIs.
- Sphinx is a free software search engine designed with indexing database content in mind.
- An open source, blazing fast, typo tolerant search engine for building delightful search experiences. Focusses on developer happiness and ease of use, with a painless out-of-the-box experience.
- Open source search server designed to be fast, scalable and with powerful and accurate full-text search capabilities derived from Sphinx search project.
- Expertrec custom search started as a replacement for google site search. It adds super-fast search autocomplete, spell correct, search listing pages to your website.
- The goal of ItemsAPI is creating search application without spending time for backend. You just provide json data and your backend is ready to go.
- RediSearch is a an open-source Full-Text and Secondary Index engine over Redis, developed by Redis Labs.
- The easiest way to add great search to your website