A classic genre, dungeon crawlers spawned directly from tabletop role playing games such as Dungeon & Dragons, with early games in the genre often requiring just as much imagination to fully immerse yourself into the worlds they conveyed. Many a franchise got its start in this genre, including The Elder Scrolls.
- The definitive hack-and-slash RPG series featuring action packed combat in partially procedurally generated worlds.
- Shattered Pixel Dungeon is a Roguelike RPG, with pixel art graphics and lots of variety and replayability.
- Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is an open-source, single-player, role-playing roguelike game of exploration and treasure-hunting in dungeons filled with dangerous and unfriendly...
- PlayCanvas is the world’s easiest to use WebGL Game Engine. It’s free, it’s open source and it’s backed by amazing developer tools.
- Torchlight is an action role-playing game.
- From the co-creator of Age of Empires, Brian Sullivan, comes an all-new action role-playing game set in the mythical worlds of ancient Greece and Egypt.
- Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.
- Brogue is a Roguelike game for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux by Brian Walker.
- The Binding of Isaac is a 2011 independent video game designed by Edmund McMillen and Florian Himsl.
- Ancient Domains of Mystery (ADOM for short) is a roguelike game which means that it is a single-user game featuring the exploration of a dungeon complex (and in the case of ADOM a...
- Desktop Dungeons is a quick-play roguelike puzzle game that gives you roughly 10 minutes of dungeon-crawling action per serving.
- Moonshades is a dungeon crawler role-playing game to restore the immersive atmosphere and experience of the old-school RPG's.
- Test your luck and cunning in this exciting RPG as you craft, cast, and pillage your way through Lord Dredmor's Dungeons.
- Rogue-like, dungeon crawler based on Shattered Pixel Dungeon, with tons of enhancements.
- Tales of Maj'Eyal (ToME) is an open-source, single-player, tactical role-playing roguelike and action game set in the world of Eyal.