A free webpage monitor, that can repeat a navigation and also works with logins.
- Free • Proprietary
What is Web Alert?
Web Alert enables you to monitor any website for changes (even when a login, a form post or password prompt is necessary to access the site). You can get notified when a price changes, a new article is published, you receive exam results or an answer in a forum, a registration period has opened, etc. You can also check if your own website is currently online and working correctly (UI testing and web monitoring).
You navigate with its special browser to the webpage and the app will track your navigation steps so that these can be repeated later in the background periodically. On the page you select the text (or HTML) visually that you want to watch for updates so you receive only notifications for modifications in these parts. The alarm report of the checker highlights the differences.
Technically speaking, other apps only automate checking repeatedly the raw content behind a simple URL. This app, however, also features Web Automation where instructions (macros) are recorded interactively (e.g. like iMacros). Your actions to reach the website (and your selection of the text whose updates you want to keep track of) are replayed automatically in intervals specified by you. This gives you the additional opportunity to oversee alterations in Deep Web pages.
- Monitor various websites on the watchlist
- Simplified way to give instructions for checking
- Visual difference of all modifications to a website detected (diff)
- It can act as a web monitor to check the availability and correctness
- Choose exactly which part or parts of a page to watch
- Save mobile traffic by disabling or reducing checks for mobile networks
- Check pages even behind logins, HTTP Authentications, form posts or long navigational sequences
- Notification alarms using sound, vibration and/or the LED
- Browse the different versions of a website (includes offline browser)
- Requires only a minimum amount of permissions.
Web Alert Screenshots
Web Alert Features
Web Alert information
Comments and Reviews
Said about Web Alert as an alternative
It is free and works with logins
Web Alert alerts you of changes sooner if you are away from your desktop because you can setup it on your mobile android device.
free, and run on your own device (no cloud, no boundaries in usual using such a number of checked page etc.)