Videostream Alternatives for Mac
There are many alternatives to Videostream for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is Plex, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 22 alternatives to Videostream and 11 are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to Videostream are Stremio (Freemium, Open Source), Airflow (Freemium), RealPlayer (Freemium) and Squire (Paid).
- Plex bridges the gap between your computer and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.
- Media center allowing to watch movies, series, YouTube channels instantly. You can watch in HD, with subtitles, and easily cast any file to TV through DLNA, Chromecast, AppleTV! Stremio also gives you notifications for new episodes / movies.
- An all-in-one solution for sending about any video from your Windows or Mac computer to your Chromecast or Apple TV.
- RealPlayer with RealTimes (aka “RealPlayer” for short) still includes the legacy features, such as Video Player, Downloader, Converter, Organizer and Web Videos.
- Squire is a media center to stream movies and shows from torrents or local files. It’s an always-running menu bar app.
- Sit anywhere in your house and watch movies or TV shows on your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
- Beamer streams video directly so it will be played natively on Apple TV and Chromecast. No glitches, clicks, pops or other shenanigans.
- SofaPlay allows you to play media files directly from your Mac on the tv. It connects your Mac to your Smart TV and takes care of the streaming.
- Veso is an open source media server. An emby/jellyfin fork that will move to a js react framework and focus on remote/rclone mounted media rather than local storage.