Talos Linux is a modern Linux distribution built for Kubernetes.
- Free • Open Source
- Linux Distro
What is Talos Linux?
Talos Linux is Linux designed for Kubernetes – secure, immutable, and minimal.
- Supports cloud platforms, bare metal, and virtualization platforms
- All system management is done via an API. No SSH, shell or console
- Production ready: supports some of the largest Kubernetes clusters in the world
- Open source project from the team at Sidero Labs
It only takes 3 minutes to launch a Talos cluster on your laptop inside Docker.
Why Talos Linux?
Security Talos reduces your attack surface. It's minimal, hardened and immutable. All API access is secured with mutual TLS (mTLS) authentication.
Predictability Talos eliminates configuration drift, reduces unknown factors by employing immutable infrastructure ideology, and delivers atomic updates.
Evolvability Talos simplifies your architecture, increases your agility, and always delivers current stable Kubernetes and Linux versions.
Minimal Talos consists of only a handful of binaries and shared libraries: just enough to run containerd and a small set of system services. This aligns with NIST's recommendation in the Application Container Security Guide.
Hardened Hardened by design:
- Built with the Kernel Self Protection Project configuration recommendations.
- All access to the API is secured with Mutual TLS.
- Settings and configuration described in the CIS guidelines are applied by default.
Immutable Talos improves security further by mounting the root filesystem as read-only and removing any host-level such as a shell and SSH.
Ephemeral Talos runs in memory from a SquashFS, and persists nothing, leaving the primary disk entirely to Kubernetes.
Current Delivers the latest stable versions of Kubernetes and Linux.
Talos Linux Screenshots
Talos Linux Features
Talos Linux information
- 3,731 Stars
- 307 Forks
- 362 Open Issues
- Linux Distro
- Cloud Native
CategoryOS & Utilities
Recent user activities on Talos Linux
- mudler added Talos Linux as alternative(s) to Kairos Linux
- POX added Talos Linux as alternative(s) to k3OS
- POX added Talos Linux as alternative(s) to RancherOS
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review