Tableplop is an easy to learn, fun to use virtual tabletop for role playing games. It includes everything you need to play TTRPGs remote apart from audio chat and works ...
- Freemium • Proprietary
- Virtual Tabletop
- Role-playing Game
What is Tableplop?
Tableplop focuses on being simple to learn and fun to use while keeping up with the most important features like:
- Real time multiplayer sync for playing remote
- Spectator mode for playing in person and showing the player view on another screen
- Phones and tablets work great so you can participate on any device without concern
- No downloads required, just send your players a link
- Character sheets that are not just PDFs with forms built in
- Dice rolling with a simple UI and comprehensive advanced expressions available for power users
- Chat in character and out of character
- Initiative and turn tracking
- Drawing options
- Infinite map size so you don't need to commit to a size before it starts
- Very silly name
Here's an example of setting up an encounter from scratch in under 2 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf4figjRJ7s
Comments and Reviews
Said about Tableplop as an alternative
An alternative for groups that want a simpler option without all the bells and whistles.
- Role-playing Game
- Dice Roller
Recent user activities on Tableplop
- gunniho added Tableplop as alternative(s) to Quest Portal
- StanStan added Tableplop as alternative(s) to MasterScreen
- justarandom added Tableplop as alternative(s) to Tabletop tools
I may be biased but I like how easy it is for new users to get started with and the depth of the features available!
It‘s really easy to use. For me as a first time GM I tried out a few alternatives to Tableplop, they had features that were overkill or were not as intuitive to use as Tableplop. Almost all of my not so tech-savvy players got it right the first time. Even the veteran online pen & paper players loved all the features Tableplop has to offer. Yes, now and then it‘s a little buggy, but it‘s in development and what more can I wish for. So for every new and old player I totally recommend to give Tabletop a try. I did and was really surprised. I‘m going to stick with it and plan to use it every time when I‘m GMing online.