What is Storm?
STORM is a free and open source tool for testing web services.
It is written mostly in F#. (I love this language!)
STORM allows you to
- Test web services written using any technology (.NET , Java, etc.)
- Dynamically invoke web service methods even those that have input parameters of complex data types
- Save development time and money. Creating throw-away test client apps just to test the web service is just too wasteful
- Test multiple web services from within one UI.
- Edit/Manipulate the raw soap requests. 6 Others (Try out the tool and find out yourself!)
The inspiration for this tool is the .NET Web Service Studio tool originally released at the now closed gotdotnet site.
- STORM was supposed to be an acronym. "ST" could stand Soap Testing, but I cant think of any meaning for "ORM". If you have any ideas, please suggest.
- Another reason, I wanted to call this tool "Storm" is that, oddly enough, I miss the storms (~ 20x/year) that frequently visit my little island hometown of Catanduanes - which meteorologists have nicknamed "Land of the Howling Winds" - in the Philippines
Features Vote on or suggest new features
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • dateNo comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about Storm, and it has gotten 0 likes
- Open Source and Free product.
- 11 alternatives listed