Speaky - Article Voice Reader Alternatives
An extension for Chrome browser. Let's you select text from screen and read it. Capable of reading in different languages. Speed, pitch and other settings available.
- - Read Aloud Extension is the most popular Web-based alternative to Speaky - Article Voice Reader.
- - Read Aloud Extension is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Speaky - Article Voice Reader.
Read Aloud Extension Features
NextUp.com develops Windows text to speech (TTS) software applications like TextAloud that let your computer talk with AT&T Natural Voices. TextAloud can also be in Microsoft Word as a plug-in.
- - TextAloud is the most popular Windows alternative to Speaky - Article Voice Reader.
- - TextAloud is the most popular commercial alternative to Speaky - Article Voice Reader.
eSpeak is a compact open source software speech synthesizer for English and other languages, for Linux and Windows.
- - eSpeak is the most popular Android & Linux alternative to Speaky - Article Voice Reader.
The last version (1.48) is from March 2014.
Natural Reader is a professional text to speech program that converts any written text into spoken words. The paid versions of Natural Reader have many more features.
- - NaturalReader is the most popular Mac alternative to Speaky - Article Voice Reader.
ReadAloud is a very powerful text-to-speech app which can read aloud web pages, news, documents, e-books or your own custom contents. ReadAloud can help with your busy life by reading aloud your articles while you continue with your other tasks.
Read Aloud Features
Simple TTS Reader is a small clipboard reader. Simply copy any text, and it will be read aloud. You can choose any installed speech engine, e.g. Microsoft Anna. This text-to-speech utility can also be minimized to tray.
Simple TTS Reader FeaturesDiscontinued
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 1.2, released in October 2010, can be still downloaded from the official website
Gespeaker is a GTK+ frontend for espeak. It allows to play a text in many languages with settings for voice, pitch, volume, speed and word gap. The text played can also be recorded to WAV file.
Online Text to Speech by ReadSpeaker. Speech-enable web sites, mobile apps, online documents and forms so that your visitors can listen to your content.
- - ReadSpeaker is the most popular SaaS alternative to Speaky - Article Voice Reader.
Speechify is a Text-to-speech application for iPhone, iPad, Chrome, and Mac. That makes it simple, fast, and easy to get your text read to you. Speechify also helps create audiobooks right within the app.
- - Speechify is the most popular iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to Speaky - Article Voice Reader.
Voice Dream Reader lets you listen to any document and ebook using text-to-speech.
Voice Dream Reader Features
The premier Text-to-Speech solution for the Mac. GhostReader allows you to listen while your Mac does the talking in your language of choice