Spack AlternativesPackage Managers and other similar apps like Spack
Homebrew is the easiest and most flexible way to install the UNIX tools Apple didn’t include with macOS. Also available for Linux.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Homebrew is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to Spack.
- - Homebrew is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Spack.
Distributing applications on Linux is a pain: different distributions in multiple versions, each with their own versions of libraries and packaging formats. Flatpak is here to change all that. It allows the same app to be installed on different Linux distributions, including...Suggest and vote on features
Nix is a powerful package manager for macOS, Linux and other Unix systems that makes package management reliable and reproducible. It provides atomic upgrades and rollbacks, side-by-side installation of multiple versions of a package, multi-user package management and easy setup...Suggest and vote on features
Nix Package Manager Features
- Command line interfaceNix Package Manager either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- PortableNix Package Manager can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Privacy focusedNix Package Manager is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Ad-freeNix Package Manager doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Nix Package Manager without registration.
- No TrackingNix Package Manager will not track you or use your personal data.
- LightweightNix Package Manager consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
Warehouse is a toolset for managing Flatpak user data, visualizing app information, and controlling installed Flatpaks in batches. It offers features for managing app data and handling installed Flatpaks efficiently.Suggest and vote on features
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Warehouse without registration.
- Ad-freeWarehouse doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No TrackingWarehouse will not track you or use your personal data.
- LightweightWarehouse consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Dark ModeWarehouse supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Privacy focusedWarehouse is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
A purely functional package manager and an advanced distribution of the GNU operating system developed by the GNU Project—which respects the freedom of computer users.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GNU Guix is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Spack.
GNU Guix Features
- Rolling ReleaseGNU Guix supports updates that are continuously rolled out, rather than in batches of versions.
- Works OfflineGNU Guix can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Privacy focusedGNU Guix is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- LightweightGNU Guix consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Container VirtualizationGNU Guix can make use of isolated user spaces called "containers" to run applications.
- Support for scriptingGNU Guix supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Command line interfaceGNU Guix either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in GNU Guix without registration.
- Ad-freeGNU Guix doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
Flattool is a command line script designed to improve user experience with flatpaks. It streamlines flatpak management tasks, making them more efficient and user-friendly.Suggest and vote on features
To bring out the virtues of Gentoo on different operating systems, the Gentoo Prefix project develops and maintains a way of installing Gentoo systems in a non-standard location, designated by a "prefix".Gentoo Prefix has no features, suggest some!