The most popular alternative is digiCamControl, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 16 alternatives to CaptureGRID so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting CaptureGRID alternatives are Entangle (Free, Open Source), qDslrDashboard (Free), Multican (Free, Open Source) and gphoto (Free, Open Source).
- Remote releasing is using a remote control to activate the shutter of the camera. This is to prevent shaking the camera, and is often used with bulb shots and/or tripods.
- This software remotely controls most functions of Nikon digital SLRs from a computer that is connected via USB cable or through wired or wireless LAN using a wireless transmitter.
- ControlMyNikon is the THE BEST tethering software for Nikon DSLR's! It has a CRAZY amount of features for an equally CRAZY low price.
- NKRemote... The professional's software solution for remotely controlling your Nikon D7000, Nikon D90, Nikon D5100, Nikon D5000, Nikon D300, Nikon D300s, Nikon D700, Nikon...
- PhotoRemote is a software with which you can control both digital still cameras.
- Camote allows remote control of modern Sony cameras that have WiFi. In principle, all cameras should work that are compatible with the Sony PlayMemories app.