Shock Caption AlternativesWindow Managers and other similar apps like Shock Caption
Dexpot turns your monitor into up to 20. It creates and manages virtual desktops and enables you to work far more efficiently and comfortably with many simultaneously opened windows on Windows 95/98/ME and NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista (incl. x64).
Suggest and vote on features
- - Dexpot is the most popular Windows alternative to Shock Caption.
- - Dexpot is the most popular free alternative to Shock Caption.
Dead app. 3 years since the last update. Not compatible with current version of Windows. See changelog: http://www.dexpot.de/?id=changelog
SmartSystemMenu extends system menu of all windows in the system. It appends next custom items to menu:
Suggest and vote on features
- - SmartSystemMenu is the most popular Open Source alternative to Shock Caption.
Sizer is a freeware utility that allows you to resize any window to an exact, predefined size. This is extremely useful when designing web pages, as it allows you to see how the page will look when viewed at a smaller size.Suggest and vote on features
AltDrag allows you to move and resize windows much easier. When you have it running you can simply hold down the Alt key and then use your mouse to drag any window, and it doesn't matter where in the window you click.Suggest and vote on features
The last version (1.1) is from 2015.
SmartContextMenu adds a context menu to all windows in the system. This program is enhanced version of SmartSystemMenu. I hope it will be more convenient, because it supports all types of windows, including windows without a system menu.Suggest and vote on features
- PortableSmartContextMenu can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- LightweightSmartContextMenu consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in SmartContextMenu without registration.
- Command line interfaceSmartContextMenu either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
Allows almost any program to be minimized to the system tray by right clicking its minimize button.Suggest and vote on features
- PortableRBTray can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Last update is from 2015 but the project has been forked: https://github.com/benbuck/rbtray
DM2 provides several Windows enhancements that may help in every-day work. One of the nicest and most popular features of DM2 is minimizing windows to floating icons® (unique feature!) freeing both task bar and tray bar space.Suggest and vote on features
- PortableDM2 can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Last version is from 2007
AutoSizer automatically resizes programs for you, keeping them at a specific size or keeping them maximized. One popular use is to keep Internet Explorer maximized when you go on the web. It works with most software programs, and supports maximizing to specific monitors on...AutoSizer has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
Last updated: "AutoSizer 1.71 (December 3rd, 2008)". See release date: http://www.softpedia.com/hubs/Window-Maximizer/
KDE Mover-Sizer is a lightweight program enabling KDE-style alt-click moving and resizing for Windows XP, 7, 2000, 2003, Windows Server, and Vista.Suggest and vote on features
KDE Mover-Sizer Features
Taekwindow is a simple, lightweight and free Windows program that allows you to move and resize windows by dragging them with the Alt key, similar to many X11 window managers.Suggest and vote on features
- PortableTaekwindow can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
The last update is from March 2011.