What is Scorched Earth?
Scorched Earth is a artillery video game in which tanks do turn-based battle in two-dimensional terrain, with each player adjusting the angle and power of their tank turret before each shot. Scorched Earth, with a plethora of weapon types and power-ups, is considered the modern archetype of "turn-based artillery games". The game has a wide variety of customization options from gravity and wind to money and meteorite showers, and a similarly large pool of different payloads, allowing for a large amount of entirely different situations.
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 1.5, released in 1995, can be still downloaded from the official website.
Scorched Earth Desktop Screenshots and Videos
Scorched Earth Features
- Single playerScorched Earth has one or more single player game modes.
- Player vs PlayerYou can compete against other real players in Scorched Earth.
- PortableScorched Earth can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- MultiplayerScorched Earth offers a game mode for more than one player.
Scorched Earth information
- LicensingProprietary and Free product.
- Alternatives12 alternatives listed
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about Scorched Earth, and it has gotten 3 likes