The most popular alternative is Signal, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 26 alternatives to Ricochet so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Ricochet alternatives are Element (Freemium, Open Source), Tox (Free, Open Source), Jami (Free, Open Source) and RetroShare (Free, Open Source).
- Librem Chat – end-to-end encrypted chat, VOIP, and video calling used by millions of people* Chat rooms* Share images, videos, and files* Make voice and video calls
- is the open standard for messaging and presence. XMPP powers emerging technologies like IoT, WebRTC, and social.
- The most secure messaging app in the world.
- FluffyChat is an open, nonprofit and cute matrix messenger app for Ubuntu Touch, Android and iOS.OpenOpensource and open development where everyone can join.Nonprofit
- CoyIM is a new chat client that is safe and secure by default: no settings to change, no plugins to install, no computer configuration to change.
- FireFloo is an instant messaging communicator combining the open XMPP standard (Jabber, GMail Chat etc.) with the echo protocol for multi-encrypted messaging.
- Chat, browse and transact securely in an open source community committed to bringing the power of Ethereum and a more distributed internet to your pocket.
- The most secure and anonymous messenger, encrypted with Blockchain.
- A texting service that is built with state-of-the-art technology to ensure your privacy and anonymity.
- This is psyced, a scalable multi-protocol multi-casting chat, messaging and social server solution to build decentralized chat networks upon, released as free software. Powerful, not bloated, not too hard to get into.