Shadertoy is the first application to allow developers all over the globe to push pixels from code to screen using WebGL since 2009.
- - Shadertoy is the most popular Web-based alternative to RenderMonkey.
- - Shadertoy is the most popular free alternative to RenderMonkey.
The Force is a web-based IDE/code editor for WebGL complete with audio input control, OSC support, texture panel and more.
- - The Force is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to RenderMonkey.
- - The Force is the most popular Open Source alternative to RenderMonkey.
The Force Features
The GSN COMPOSER is a free web-based visual programming environment for online multimedia processing. Typical areas of usage are education, research, entertainment, special effects, or arts.
The Book of Shaders provides a gentle, step-by-step guide through the abstract and complex universe of Fragment Shaders. Besides scores of insightful illustrations, the site includes a very intuitive live-coding editor for users to easily see changes as they code.
The Book of Shaders Features
ShaderLab is the WebGL2 GLSL Editor for the browser. Code your shaders right in your browser with a live view to progress in the background. Then share and garner feedback through comments and check out other creators.
Shader Frog lets you create visual effects by composing two or more shaders together, and tweaking their parameters. You can build a complex effect out of simple components. You can then export your shader for use in your THREE.js game or application.
Shaderific is the mobile shader development tool for iOS. Get started with OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL ES 3.0 shader development on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch today. Create your own vertex and fragment shaders using the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) and compile them on your...
- - Shaderific is the most popular iPhone & iPad alternative to RenderMonkey.
- - Shaderific is the most popular commercial alternative to RenderMonkey.
Rayground is a framework for rapid prototyping of algorithms based on the ray tracing paradigm. Its main goal is to help develop, test and share self contained modules that showcase a particular method or technique.
FX Composer is an integrated development environment (IDE) for authoring shaders.
- - FX Composer is the most popular Windows alternative to RenderMonkey.
Was already discontinued in 2008