The most popular alternative is LinuxCNC (the Enhanced Machine Control), which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 16 alternatives to PyCAM so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting PyCAM alternatives are Ink/Stitch (Free, Open Source), Embroidermodder (Free, Open Source), Blender CAM (Free, Open Source) and jscut (Free, Open Source).
- Enhanced Machine Controller project, (or simply EMC) is a software system for computer control of machines such as milling machines, lathes, plasma cutters, cutting machines...
- An Inkscape extension for designing machine embroidery patterns.
- Embroidermodder is a free machine embroidery software program which allows editing, scaling, and translating sewing machine embroidery files to a variety of formats.
- Blender CAM is an open source solution for artistic CAM - Computer aided machining - a g-code generation tool.
Blender CAM is an add-on for the free open-source Blender 3d package.
- A CAM in your browser! Convert your SVG files to CNC cutting paths with this tool.
- CamBam is an application to create CAM files (gcode) from CAD source files or its own internal geometry editor. CamBam has many users worldwide, from CNC hobbyists to professional machinists and engineers.
- gCAD3D is a 3D CAD CAM application that features an integrated 3D OpenGL viewer, a program interpreter for geometry and NC-commands in 3D, an integrated NC-processor, and a...
- Mach3 is very popular among the Hobby CNC community. Artsoft produces Mach3 software and has been around for some time.
- The fast and easy way to create CNC or robot milling programs that let you get the very best from your machines.
- ECAM is a programming system for CNC lathes and machining centers. He combines features of CAD / CAM systems with typical features of conversational programming.