Puppet is described as 'Data Center Automation Solution helps you save time, gain visibility into your server environment, and ensure consistency across your IT infrastructure' and is a popular app in the Office & Productivity category. There are more than 25 alternatives to Puppet for a variety of platforms, including Linux, Windows, Mac, the Web and Self-Hosted solutions. The best alternative is DCImanager. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try Ansible or Salt. Other great apps like Puppet are Nanobox (Paid, Open Source), Chef (Free, Open Source), Foreman (Free, Open Source) and Fabric (Free, Open Source).
- DCImanager is a platform for managing servers, racks, and data center equipment (such as routers, switches, sensors, PDU). View 33 alternatives to DCImanagerNo screenshots yet
- Paid • Proprietary
DCImanager vs PuppetIt allows admin to have flexible control over all resources, receive notifications about important events, track the history of changes, and assign different permissions.This platform is being constantly updating, they release new features regularly and take into account user request for featuresThe price is very competitive for all the features they already have!It provides everything we need as a provider: network monitoring, equipment preparation, alertsPerfect DCIM solution for a good price (unlike other enterprise-level solutions). Has everything that DCIM solution should have: inventory, monitoring, networks, DC map, power management, etc.Performance, stability, remote access via IPMI and PDUUser interface, API integrations
- Ansible is a radically simple IT automation engine that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other... View 46 alternatives to Ansible
- Freemium • Open Source
Ansible vs PuppetI can hardly say that Puppet and Ansible should be in the same DCIM category.
- Automate complex infrastructure tasks so you can get back to what really matters. View 76 alternatives to Nanobox
A WARNING announced from its website :
Nanobox is reaching its end of life on March 31, 2021.
After that time, you will be unable to access the Nanobox service.
- Paid • Open Source
- Rudder is an easy to use, web-driven, role-based solution for Continuous Automation and Compliance. Well established in companies from small to biggest-in-their-field. The biggest known deployment (2016) is about 7000 nodes. View 13 alternatives to Rudder
- Freemium • Open Source
- Software as a Service (SaaS)