The most popular alternative is Mendeley Reference Manager, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 11 alternatives to PubMed.gov so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting PubMed.gov alternatives are Academia.edu (Freemium), ResearchGate (Free), EasyBib (Freemium) and DeepDyve (Freemium).
- Academic software for organizing, sharing, and generating bibliographies for research papers.
- is a social networking website for academics. The platform can be used to share papers, monitor their impact, and follow the research in a particular field. It was launched in September08, with 31 million registered and over 8 million uploaded texts.
- Access scientific knowledge, and make your research visible.
- Automatic works cited and bibliography formatting for MLA, APA and Chicago/Turabian citation styles. Now supports 7th edition of MLA.
- DeepDyve provides simple and affordable access to millions of articles across thousands of peer-reviewed journals.
- Biohunter is a single portal which provides literature search, data statistics, reading, sorting, storing, journal suggestion for publication, field expert identification and their contact details for collaboration. www.biohunter.in.
- An alternative interface to the PubMed medical literature database.
- Quertle is a free semantic-based search engine for biomedical information (PubMed/MEDLINE, full-text articles, TOXLINE, grant applications, news, and whitepapers).
- BioSeek Mobile - Next Generation Search For Life Sciences. Fast. Efficient. Free. We process at one go multi-component searches that are normally quite time consuming. We strive to deliver the clearest representations of massive amounts of data.
- Search the metadata
of journal articles, books, standards, datasets & more.