What is Proxy Switcher (WebExtension)?
Proxy Switcher allows you to modify your proxy settings easily from the toolbar panel. Toolbar icon indicates the current type of proxy your browser currently using. The UI for changing proxies is very intuitive. It is very close to the Firefox proxy manager window. The extension is designed such that no resource is used while the panel is closed. This is probably the lightest proxy switcher add-on in the market.
Proxy Switcher supports proxy changing for:
- No Proxy Mode: Your browser bypasses all system-wide level proxies and connects you directly to the internet. This is useful when there is a network issue caused by an external proxy tool
- System Proxy Mode: Your browser uses whatever proxy your system is using. Sometimes you have an external software that manages your system-level proxy. Using this option allows the browser to follow the same proxy configuration.
- Auto-detect Proxy Mode: Your browser automatically detects the proxy settings for your network
- Manual Mode: You are going to explicitly define proxy server for each scheme. There are four schemes to consider: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and Other types of network requests. Using manual tab, you can specify different proxies for each scheme.
Using this extension there would be no need to digging through the advanced section of your browser anymore. All the settings are access from the toolbar panel. Besides, the toolbar icon is an indicator of the current proxy type. Hover mouse over the toolbar button to get more info.
Proxy Switcher extension is absolutely free and open source. It just does proxy configuration, and aims to be perfect tool of that.
Features Vote on or suggest new features
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • dateNo comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about Proxy Switcher (WebExtension), and it has gotten 2 likes
- Open Source and Free product.
- 10 alternatives listed