Open Source PDF Signer Alternatives
Writer has all the features you need from a modern, full-featured word processing or desktop publishing tool.
Suggest and vote on features
- - LibreOffice - Writer is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to PDF Signer.
- - LibreOffice - Writer is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to PDF Signer.
LibreOffice - Writer Features
- PortableLibreOffice - Writer can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Spell CheckingLibreOffice - Writer can detect and correct all types of grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Privacy focusedLibreOffice - Writer is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Works OfflineLibreOffice - Writer can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Ad-freeLibreOffice - Writer doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Dark ModeLibreOffice - Writer supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of LibreOffice - Writer.
- Distraction-freeLibreOffice - Writer has a distraction-free mode for when you need to focus.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in LibreOffice - Writer without registration.
LibreSign is a web application for electronic signatures (e-Sign) developed by the LibreCode cooperative (Brazilian cooperative specialized in free software development). Its development began at the beginning of 2020, in the midst of the pandemic, when people and companies were...
Suggest and vote on features
- - LibreSign is the most popular SaaS & Self-Hosted alternative to PDF Signer.
Free (and open source) editor for manipulating PDF documents. GUI version + commandline interface. Scripting is used to a great extent in editor and almost anything can be scripted, it is possible to create own scripts or plugins.PDFedit has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 20140526_1531, released in May 2014, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
JSignPdf is a Java application which adds digital signatures to PDF documents. It can be used as a standalone application or as an Add-On in OpenOffice.org. The application uses the jsignpdf-itxt library for PDF manipulations (based on iText library in version 2.1.Suggest and vote on features
- Sign PDF filesJSignPdf support signing a PDF document digitally on a touch screen etc.
FormulatePro helps you open and write on PDF documents. You can fill out any PDF form document, drop in graphics, scribble with the mouse or a tablet, save and print.Suggest and vote on features
- Fill PDF FormsFormulatePro supports forms in PDF files.
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 0.0.6, released in October 2009, can be still downloaded from GitHub.
PortableSigner is a signing (with X.509 certificates) program for PDF files. It's platform independent and runs (tested) under Windows (2000, XP, ...), Linux, and macOS.Suggest and vote on features
OpenSignature is an open source project for the digital signature of documents. It works with all cards supported by OpenSC and focuses on adding support for cards from accredited Italian CAs.Suggest and vote on features