What is P2PVPN?
P2PVPN creates a virtual private network for you which behaves like a physical network (e.g. your network at home). But instead of using an Ethernet cable to connect computers P2PVPN uses secure Internet connections. Things you normally do with your LAN (share files, play games etc.) you can also do with P2PVPN with people around the world.
- Decentralized peer-to-peer network
- Peers route traffic for other peers
- Find other peers using a BitTorrent tracker
- Only people you invited may connect to your network
- Uses RSA (1024 Bit) to authenticate peers
- Uses AES (128 Bit) to encryption your traffic
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 0.8, released in December 2010, can be still downloaded from SourceForge. For a more up-to-date version, you can use this fork: https://gitlab.com/Monsterovich/p2pvpn
P2PVPN Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Ad-freeP2PVPN doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No TrackingP2PVPN will not track you or use your personal data.
- End-to-End EncryptionP2PVPN has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Dark ModeP2PVPN supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- DecentralizedP2PVPN is based on a decentralized infrastructure with no single entity controlling it.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in P2PVPN without registration.
- LightweightP2PVPN consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Developed byWolfgang Ginolas
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- Alternatives28 alternatives listed
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about P2PVPN, and it has gotten 15 likes