newsfilter.io provides real-time news aggregation crucial when performing quantitative and qualitative investment research.
Over 100,000 news articles are aggregated every day. Articles are linked to company tickers.
Covers any news impacting stock price movements:
• Quarterly and yearly reports including financial performance metrics of a company, including revenue growth, risk analysis, and management discussion on performance
• FDA drug approval (stage 1 to 4)
• Company acquired (or lost) a new major customer
• Merger agreements and target company valuations
• Class action lawsuits is filed against the company
• Data security breach was detected
• New product releases
• FED interest rate hikes or cuts
• Changes to employee stock option plan
• Sale and acquisition of common stock by CEOs, CFOs, VPs, and Directors (aka insider trading)
• Shelf registration statements
• Company established partnership with new suppliers/vendors
• IPO announcement
• Analyst up/downgrades
• Notice of delisting... More Info »
Common use cases:
• Monitor news related to companies in your investment portfolio. For example: CEO or CFO departure, election of new officers and board members, release of quarterly revenue and earnings results, amendments to annual reports, entry into a material definitive agreement, share buy-back plans, sale of common stock, offering of senior notes
• Perform due diligence on new investment ideas.
• Access and easily search all SEC filings published since 1993. It covers over 150 official SEC form types (10-Q, 10-K, 8, 4, S-11, 13-F)
• Merger arbitrage opportunity monitoring
A RESTful API to search historical articles and a websocket/socket.io news stream is provided to develop your own applications.