Wenlin software makes learning Chinese easier and more interesting, for begining students, life-long speakers, and scholars alike. It combines a comprehensive Chinese dictionary, a Unicode text editor, and flashcards. For MS-Windows and Macintosh.
- - wenlin is the most popular Windows & Mac alternative to Nciku.
- - wenlin is the most popular free alternative to Nciku.
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with 15 years' experience making mobile Chinese learning...
- - Pleco is the most popular Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to Nciku.
- Is this is a good alternative?YesNo17 MDBG English to Chinese dictionary alternatives
- Free • Proprietary
This website offers more than just a dictionary, it offers various tools such as: flashcards, quizzes, text annotation, Chinese text input and more. The MDBG dictionary is used in many schools and universities all over the world, discover why!.
- - MDBG English to Chinese dictionary is the most popular Web-based alternative to Nciku.
Chinese language has and does deserve its notoriety for heartbreaking difficulty. If that wasn’t bad enough, most of the resources available for learning Mandarin Chinese are expensive, and time-consuming.
Syng is a free, open source, cross platform Chinese to English dictionary and study toolset made for the desktop operating systems.
- - Syng is the most popular Linux alternative to Nciku.
- - Syng is the most popular Open Source alternative to Nciku.
Hanping is Android's most user-friendly offline dictionary for learning Chinese. Includes handwriting recognition, native speaker audio, stroke animations, AnkiDroid integration and much more. Free (Lite) and paid (Pro) versions available.
YiXue Chinese Dictionary is a comprehensive Chinese dictionary and learning assistant for Windows Phone.
The apps contains 300+ Real-life Dialogues,both in daily life and in business encounters.Yiyahanyu employs Speech recognition and evaluation, human-machine conversation and language skill practices including Listening, speaking, reading, writing.
Talking Chinese dictionary with sample sentences, handwriting recognition, fuzzy pinyin matches, word decomposition, animated stroke order, character etymology, etc.