What is MySword?
With MySword, you can study the Bible without banner ads, compare different translations, look up Strong's Hebrew and Greek Lexicon, read popular commentaries and even write your own insights and study notes directly on your smartphone or tablet.
The following are the exciting features of MySword for Android:
- Multiple off-line Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries and Books
- Bible version verse comparison
- Bookmarks and Verse list
- Type your personal notes and insights
- Search (concordance) for Bible, Commentaries, Books and Personal notes
- Strong's number support linked to dictionary for easy access
- Full screen mode support for more viewable text
- Support for Morphological codes and link to the Dictionary view
- Two types of text editors for notes: Plain text editor and WYSIWYG/Rich text editor. The first uses a simple wiki syntax for easy formatting of notes which supports bold, italic, underline, headings, nested bullets and numbers, links, tables. The WYSIWYG, supported only on Jellybean and higher, has more formatting capabilities
- Copying of current verse, all text and custom selection of text in all views (Bible, Commentary, etc) including the Search results which is very useful for notes editing
- Resizeable text (custom text size for easy viewing) - allows fine adjustment of text size
- Page history navigation (back and forward)
- Verse link in Commentaries, Dictionaries and Notes to the Bible view. Links between documents, e.g. Commentary reference to Bible passage
- Dictionary and Commentary link from Notes
- Download of modules (Bibles, Commentaries, etc)
- Backup and restore of settings, highlights, bookmarks and notes
- Arrangeable action buttons
- Ability to change the default Color scheme/theme
- Dictionary, Commentary, Book and Journal/Notes picture support
- RTL (right-to-left) support
- Text-to-Speech support for Bible (use SVOX Classic or IVONA TTS Engine for good quality voice output)
Comments and Reviews
Said about MySword as an alternative
It is basically eSword - and for the Chromebook!
Sorry to say I love E-Sword, easy, intuitive, fast, but no Android!
This works well on Android and operates much like e-sword for pc. The commentaries and other aids are excellent.