ModernGL is a python3 module that encapsulates OpenGL in a pythonic way
- Free • Open Source
What is ModernGL?
OpenGL is a great environment for developing portable, platform independent, interactive 2D and 3D graphics applications. The API implementation in Python is cumbersome, resulting in applications with high latency. To solve this problem we have developed ModernGL, a wrapper over OpenGL that simplifies the creation of simple graphics applications like scientific simulations, small games or user interfaces. Usually, acquiring in-depth knowledge of OpenGL requires a steep learning curve. In contrast, ModernGL is easy to learn and use, moreover it is capable of rendering with the same performance and quality, with less code written.
- 1,516 Stars
- 184 Forks
- 22 Open Issues
No comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?Post a comment/review
Said about ModernGL as an alternative
- Full linting support - (using vscode (https://code.visualstudio.com/) and pylint (https://www.pylint.org/))
- Create GLSL shaders with only a few lines of code
- Create framebuffers and validate them with a single call
- Access cool OpenGL features by writing clean and self-explaining code
- vscode snippets (https://github.com/cprogrammer1994/ModernGL/blob/master/extras/vscode/python.json) for fast prototyping
- Render to pillow image - (no window required)
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review