The most popular alternative is CMake, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 12 alternatives to MakeMe so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting MakeMe alternatives are GNU Make (Free, Open Source), SCons (Free, Open Source), Autoconf (Free, Open Source) and Ant (Free, Open Source).
- CMake is a family of tools designed to build, test and package software.
- Make is a tool which controls the generation of executables and other non-source files of a program from the program's source files.
- SCons is an Open Source software construction tool—that is, a next-generation build tool.
- Macros to produce shell scripts for automatically configuring source code packages.
- Apache Ant is an Open Source Java-based build tool (for software development). It uses XML files to describe, structure and control the build process.
- Automatically generate Makefile.in files compliant with the GNU Coding Standards.
- Simple script to make Your coding more efficient by executing long commands using short aliases from local Yakefile.FEATURESsimple YAML structure
- Bazel is an open-source build and test tool similar to Make, Maven, and Gradle. It uses a human-readable, high-level build language.
- A pure Bash build tool/library, useful to describe composable, expressive build processes.
- Cross-platform, Lua-based build tool.