What is Mailman?
Mailman is integrated with the web, making it easy for users to manage their accounts and for list owners to administer their lists. Mailman supports built-in archiving, automatic bounce processing.
- Through-the-web list creation and removal (with automatic support depending on the MTA)
- Multi-lingual support: list web pages and email notices can be in any of nearly two dozen supported language, configurable per-site, per-list, and per-user
- "Real name" support for members
- Support for personalized deliveries and VERP-like message delivery for foolproof bounce detection
- Emergency moderation
- MIME-based content filtering, with demime/stripmime like options
- Regular expression based topic filtering
- Through the web membership management
- Through the web administrative requests pages
- Moderated newsgroup support
- Flexible moderation and privacy controls
- Subscription invitations
- Auto-response controls.
- User controllable delivery options
- Urgent: header support (bypasses digests to reach all users immediately).
Comments and Reviews
Said about Mailman as an alternative
Old-school but functional